Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My personal stack of quilts waiting to be quilted

One stack ready to be quilted!

This is just one stack ready to be quilted. Got another stack down in the "man cave" (where the machine is)
My favorite one in this stack is the Amish quilt I bought at a sale. The girl didn't completely finish the top. With this machine I'll be able to "trace" her pattern and finish this quilt top. She, of course, did it by hand. I'm not.
  
The other one in this stack that is interesting is the one on the top: It's a "cheater" quilt I bought on Ebay. It is a BABY "wedding ring" quilt! After I got it I thought, "that's really weird"!

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you're having a blast with this. :) I have a pile like that myself. In fact, when you get ready to work on someone else's tops I'd love to be your guinea pig! I've always been intimidated by the thought of taking my tops to a longarm quilter because they're not perfect and certainly not heirlooms but you're making the process so approachable! Anyway, keep us posted on how you're doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you open for business? I would love to hear a bit about your prices. I have a stack of quilts. I found you on Quilting blogger and the fact you are in PA attracted me.
    bo.taitai@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for your comments! I am having a blast! Hoping to get all this practicing out of the way soon.
    Will be "open" on January 2, 2011 ! (easier for the tax man, IRS, etc.) ...May need some guinea pigs before then though. I'll keep you all posted!
    Working on getting a website up and running before then so you have all the info on pricing, etc.

    ReplyDelete